- Guest 1: Kara D. Sidener, Special Agent/InfraGard Coordinator, Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Washington, D.C. Field Office/Northern Virginia Resident Agency
- Guest 2: David Winks, Managing Director, AcquSight and Finance Lead, National InfraGard Electronic Magnetic Pulse (EMP)-SIG Chapter
The world-wide EmeraldPlanet International Foundation movement is linking millions of professionals and citizens around the globe through a practical community-by-community identification, evaluation, broadcasting, and promotions weekly television program and selected The Emerald Mini-Treks.
EmeraldPlanet International Foundation has continually expanded its outreach and service to all sectors of countries and local communities. It is actively identifying the “best of the best” technologies, services, products, and processes. This is the “high touch” portions of the EmeraldPlanet global movement featuring the “high technologies” through The Emerald Mini-Treks, while creating The Emerald Mall to match those inventing, creating, experimenting with, and manufacturing needed technologies. with those individuals and communities needing such technologies, services, products, and processes for sustainable, resilient, and adaptive living in closer harmony with natural surroundings..
WELCOME to join in this world-wide movement by watching The EmeraldPlanet TV programs, participating in planning for and joining in various The Emerald Mini-Treks, and linking your “best practices” to those in need on The Emerald Mall. MANY BEST WISHES as together we create The EmeraldPlanet…Dr. Sam Hancock
Our featured guests are:
- Show ‘1’: Kara D. Sidener, Special Agent/InfraGard Coordinator, Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Washington, D.C. Field Office/Northern Virginia Resident Agency, (In-Studio), Theme: “What are: InfraGard; Mission Critical Infrastructure Systems; Nature of Cyber Threats; and FBI’s Mandate to Protect Vital Economic, Environmental, and Civil Society Assets“,
- Show ‘2’: Kara D. Sidener, Special Agent/InfraGard Coordinator, Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Washington, D.C. Field Office/Northern Virginia Resident Agency, (In-Studio), Theme: “Collaboration with Federal, State, and Local Governments while Engaging Community Based Stakeholders in Intelligence Gathering, Information Sharing, and Partnerships for Resources Pooling and Distributed Responsibility”,
- Show ‘3’: David Winks, Managing Director, AcquSight and Finance Lead, National InfraGard Electronic Magnetic Pulse (EMP)-SIG Chapter, (In-Studio), Theme: “
Building Team Leadership, Product Planning, and Strategic Business Development to Expand and Enhance Cyber Security of Critical Infrastructure for Economic, Environmental, and Community Development”;
- Show ‘4’: David Winks, Managing Director, AcquSight and Finance Lead, National InfraGard Electronic Magnetic Pulse (EMP)-SIG Chapter, (In-Studio), Theme: “Creating New Cyber Security Small Business Enterprise Coalitions for Security Innovations Needed to Confront Growing Threats to Critical InfraStructure and Energy Grids in Mission Critical Environments”.
The growing vulnerabilities across the U.S. energy-critical infrastructure continue to grow, given the global advancements in cyber hacking, land, air and sea robotics, and EMP (Electronic Magnetic Pulse) innovations. These growing threats along with the emergence of internet enabled Micro Grid power systems, have led to the InfraGard Association to launch new outreach, training, and innovation programs among its nationwide member network.
Over the last several years, new legislation advanced by InfraGard members with assistance from Honorable Congressman Roscoe Bartlett and Honorable Congressman Trent Franks, has led to communities across the U.S. beginning to plan to address long term power loss in their communities that could be caused by EMP, Cyber and Drone Attacks and Solar Flares. Members across InfraGard chapters address the growing physical and digital threats to our Critical Infrastructure and offer online alerts and news feeds about these threats. More than 400 of our Nation’s Fortune 500 businesses have representatives in InfraGard and InfraGard sponsors Joint Training and TableTop Exercises bringing together Homeland Security, FBI, and other agency leaders to advance Corporate and Government awareness and crisis mitigation planning and response capacities.
The guests for today’s EmeraldPlanet TV shows have come together to provide an orientation to InfraGard’s Association and the EMP Special Interest Group respectively that just finished their annual National InfraGard EMP SIG event. Their print and online resources, services, exercise, and training programs are continuously updated to address the emerging cyber and physical threats bolstered by the members many volunteer efforts across their chapters. Thanks to The EmeraldPlanet TV for giving their audience an orientation to InfraGard’s nationwide chapters and resources which provide key contributions to advancing the security of our Nation’s Critical Infrastructure and the resilience of Smart Communities collaborative off grid energy, water, agriculture, shelter innovation initiatives.
THANK YOU AS TOGETHER WE CREATE THE EMERALDPLANET!