- Guest 1: Kara D. Sidener, Special Agent/InfraGard Coordinator, Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Washington, D.C. Field Office/Northern Virginia Resident Agency
- Guest 2: David Winks, Managing Director, AcquSight and Finance Lead, National InfraGard Electronic Magnetic Pulse (EMP)-SIG Chapter
The EmeraldPlanet weekly television programs are broadcast and distributed via Channel 10 TV in Fairfax, Virginia USA. The EmeraldPlanet TV programs are available to view on our website, YouTube, UStream TV, and social media around the world. The Emerald Trek and companion The Emerald Mini-Treks are identifying the 1,000 “best practices” on location from the 143 nations, 750 cities, and 50,000 communities by Internet TV, local television stations, main stream media outlets, YouTube, Facebook, The EmeraldPlanet Meetup, Twitter, among other social media networks, and all manner of print media.
The EmeraldPlanet TV is broadcasting weekly a number of the “best practices which are identified through collaboration with: major non-governmental organizations (NGOs); United Nations, universities and colleges; research institutes; government ministries and agencies; Embassies; banking and micro-lending organizations; Chambers of Commerce; World Trade Centers, international bodies such as The World Bank, International Monetary Fund (IMF), Inter-American Development Bank, African Development Bank Group, Asian Development Bank, UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization), citizens groups; multimedia organizations; among others by utilizing the most advanced broadcasting hardware and software along with an outstanding television Production Crew to reach an ever expanding global audience. The Emerald Trek is focused upon linking principals identified among the 1,000 ‘best practices’ in the 143 nations being visited through this world-wide movement. The Emerald Trek is encompassing over 300,000 miles, visiting 750 major cities, and 50,000 suburban and rural communities in the identified nations.
Our featured guests are:
- Show ‘1’: Kara D. Sidener, Special Agent/InfraGard Coordinator, Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Washington, D.C. Field Office/Northern Virginia Resident Agency, (In-Studio), Theme: “What are: InfraGard; Mission Critical Infrastructure Systems; Nature of Cyber Threats; and FBI’s Mandate to Protect Vital Economic, Environmental, and Civil Society Assets“,
- Show ‘2’: Kara D. Sidener, Special Agent/InfraGard Coordinator, Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Washington, D.C. Field Office/Northern Virginia Resident Agency, (In-Studio), Theme: “Collaboration with Federal, State, and Local Governments while Engaging Community Based Stakeholders in Intelligence Gathering, Information Sharing, and Partnerships for Resources Pooling and Distributed Responsibility”,
- Show ‘3’: David Winks, Managing Director, AcquSight and Finance Lead, National InfraGard Electronic Magnetic Pulse (EMP)-SIG Chapter, (In-Studio), Theme: “
Building Team Leadership, Product Planning, and Strategic Business Development to Expand and Enhance Cyber Security of Critical Infrastructure for Economic, Environmental, and Community Development”;
- Show ‘4’: David Winks, Managing Director, AcquSight and Finance Lead, National InfraGard Electronic Magnetic Pulse (EMP)-SIG Chapter, (In-Studio), Theme: “Creating New Cyber Security Small Business Enterprise Coalitions for Security Innovations Needed to Confront Growing Threats to Critical InfraStructure and Energy Grids in Mission Critical Environments”.
The growing vulnerabilities across the U.S. energy-critical infrastructure continue to grow, given the global advancements in cyber hacking, land, air and sea robotics, and EMP (Electronic Magnetic Pulse) innovations. These growing threats along with the emergence of internet enabled Micro Grid power systems, have led to the InfraGard Association to launch new outreach, training, and innovation programs among its nationwide member network.
Over the last several years, new legislation advanced by InfraGard members with assistance from Honorable Congressman Roscoe Bartlett and Honorable Congressman Trent Franks, has led to communities across the U.S. beginning to plan to address long term power loss in their communities that could be caused by EMP, Cyber and Drone Attacks and Solar Flares. Members across InfraGard chapters address the growing physical and digital threats to our Critical Infrastructure and offer online alerts and news feeds about these threats. More than 400 of our Nation’s Fortune 500 businesses have representatives in InfraGard and InfraGard sponsors Joint Training and TableTop Exercises bringing together Homeland Security, FBI, and other agency leaders to advance Corporate and Government awareness and crisis mitigation planning and response capacities.
The guests for today’s EmeraldPlanet TV shows have come together to provide an orientation to InfraGard’s Association and the EMP Special Interest Group respectively that just finished their annual National InfraGard EMP SIG event. Their print and online resources, services, exercise, and training programs are continuously updated to address the emerging cyber and physical threats bolstered by the members many volunteer efforts across their chapters. Thanks to The EmeraldPlanet TV for giving their audience an orientation to InfraGard’s nationwide chapters and resources which provide key contributions to advancing the security of our Nation’s Critical Infrastructure and the resilience of Smart Communities collaborative off grid energy, water, agriculture, shelter innovation initiatives.
THANK YOU AS TOGETHER WE CREATE THE EMERALDPLANET!