- Dr. Ping He, Director, Department of Rural Economy and Regional Development for the China International Engineering Consulting Corporation (CIECC);
|Segment 1||Segment 2|
|Segment 3||Segment 4|
The EmeraldPlanet weekly television programs are broadcast and distributed via Channel 10 TV in Fairfax, Virginia USA. The programs are being simulcast to 532 stations around the United States and then overseas by the Internet and C-SPAN television. The EmeraldPlanet programs are currently available in all countries and territories around the world. The Emerald Trek and companion The Emerald Mini-Treks are identifying the 1,000 “best practices” on location from the 143 nations, 750 cities, and 50,000 communities by Internet TV, local television stations, main stream media outlets, YouTube, Facebook, The EmeraldPlanet Meetup, Twitter, among other social media networks, and all manner of print media.
The EmeraldPlanet TV is broadcasting weekly a number of the “best practices which are identified through collaboration with: major non-governmental organizations (NGOs); United Nations, universities and colleges; research institutes; government ministries and agencies; Embassies; banking and micro-lending organizations; Chambers of Commerce; World Trade Centers, international bodies such as The World Bank, International Monetary Fund (IMF), Inter-American Development Bank, African Development Bank Group, Asian Development Bank, UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization), citizens groups; multimedia organizations; among others by utilizing the most advanced broadcasting hardware and software along with an outstanding television Production Crew to reach an ever expanding global audience. The Emerald Trek is focused upon linking principals identified among the 1,000 ‘best practices’ in the 143 nations being visited through this world-wide movement. The Emerald Trek is encompassing over 300,000 miles, visiting 750 major cities, and 50,000 suburban and rural communities in the identified nations.
Our outstanding guests are:
- Segment ‘1’: Dr. Ping He, Director, Department of Rural Economy and Regional Development for the China International Engineering Consulting Corporation (CIECC);
- Segment ‘2’: Dr. Ping He, Director, Department of Rural Economy and Regional Development for the China International Engineering Consulting Corporation (CIECC);
- Segment ‘3’: Dr. Ping He, Director, Department of Rural Economy and Regional Development for the China International Engineering Consulting Corporation (CIECC);
- Segment ‘4’: Dr. Ping He, Director, Department of Rural Economy and Regional Development for the China International Engineering Consulting Corporation (CIECC);
Dr. He, Ping is the first doctor in forestry brought up by Chinese institutions. After completion of his Ph.D. program, Dr. He spent 8 years in Germany, UK and Australia as post-doctoral fellow, visiting professor and researcher. Dr. He has published more than 70 research papers in international and Chinese academic journals, edited and published two academic books. He used to hold senior positions in both academic institutions and the government office. He served as Vice-president of Central South University of Forestry and Technology (CSUFT) from 1998 to 2002 and Deputy Secretary General of Government of Henan Province from 2009 to 2011.
Dr. He currently works as director of Department of Rural Economy and Regional Development for the China International Engineering Consulting Corporation (CIECC). CIECC is a technical advising group to China’s State Council. In this capacity, he reviewed and participated in the most important water, agricultural, ecological and forestry conservation projects/activities development in recent 10 years in China. Here is a partial list of projects/activities Dr. He was involved.
· Development of the water environment comprehensive treatment plan in Tai Lake watershed.
· Development of the comprehensive treatment plan in loess plateau
· Development of the national comprehensive treatment plan for stone desertification
· Development of the natural conservation park for the source region of Yangtze, Yellow, Lancang rivers
· Development of the ecological protection plan in Tibetan region
· Development of the national plan for desertification control
· Mid-stage assessment for the national natural forest conservation program
· Mid-stage assessment for the converting cultivated lands to forests/grasslands engineering program
· Mid-stage assessment for the national grassland restoration engineering program
At present, Dr. He and his group is also undertaking a number of key research initiatives to support decision making, like ‘Research on key tasks for ecological restoration and environmental treatment in western China for the 13th five-year development plan’, ‘Strategies to enhance development capacity in under-development regions’, and ‘Decision-making supporting system for ecological security in southwestern China’, etc.
Dr. Ping He is the member of the advisory committee for China’s National Development and Reform Commission, the advisor of the International Fund for China’s Environment, vice chairman of Wetland Conservation Technical Committee of Standardization Administration Of China, and the distinguished expert of the World Wildlife Fund.
THANK YOU AS TOGETHER WE CREATE THE EMERALDPLANET!