- Guest 1: Dr. Joao-Paulo Lobo Ferreira, Ing., Principal Research Officer & Director, International Relations, LNEC
- Guest 2: Dr. Conceição Juana Fortes, Head & Principal Researcher, Harbor and Maritime Structure Division, Hydraulics and Environment Department, LNEC, (Portugal National Laboratory for Civil Engineering)
- Guest 3: Dr. Ana Maria Fonseca, Senior Research Officer & Coordinator, Digital Image Processing Laboratory, LNEC, (Portugal National Civil Engineering Laboratory)
- Guest 4: Dr. Luís Oliveira Santos, Senior Researcher, LNEC, (Portugal National Laboratory for Civil Engineering)
- Guest 5: *”Special Guest” Dr. Jose Colucci Rios, B.S., CH.E., Professor and Associate Engineering Dean for Research (Ret.), University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez Campus (In-Studio Skype Back-Up)
|Segment 1||Segment 2|
|Segment 3||Segment 4|
The world-wide EmeraldPlanet International Foundation movement is linking millions of professionals and citizens around the globe through a practical community-by-community identification, evaluation, broadcasting, and promotions weekly television program and selected The Emerald Mini-Treks.
EmeraldPlanet International Foundation has continually expanded its outreach and service to all sectors of countries and local communities. It is actively identifying the “best of the best” technologies, services, products, and processes. This is the “high touch” portions of the EmeraldPlanet global movement featuring the “high technologies” through The Emerald Mini-Treks, while creating The Emerald Mall to match those inventing, creating, experimenting with, and manufacturing needed technologies. with those individuals and communities needing such technologies, services, products, and processes for sustainable, resilient, and adaptive living in closer harmony with natural surroundings..
WELCOME to join in this world-wide movement by watching The EmeraldPlanet TV programs, participating in planning for and joining in various The Emerald Mini-Treks, and linking your “best practices” to those in need on The Emerald Mall. MANY BEST WISHES as together we create The EmeraldPlanet…Dr. Sam Hancock
Our featured guests are:
- Segment ‘1’: Dr. Joao-Paulo Lobo Ferreira, Ing., Principal Research Officer & Director, International Relations, LNEC, (Portugal National Civil Engineering Laboratory), (By Skype)*, Theme: “Environment along with Surface and Groundwater Resources Research in Portugal´s National Civil Engineering Laboratory (LNEC)”
- Segment ‘2’: Dr. Ana Maria Fonseca, Senior Research Officer & Coordinator, Digital Image Processing Laboratory, LNEC, (Portugal National Civil Engineering Laboratory), (By Skype)*, Theme: “Geodetic Monitoring from Space for Vulnerability and Risk Assessment in a Climate Change Framework”
- Segment ‘3’: Dr. Luís Oliveira Santos, Senior Researcher, LNEC, (Portugal National Laboratory for Civil Engineering, (By Skype)*, Theme: “Structural Health Monitoring: Tool for Sustainable & Resilient Bridge Management with Increasing Transportation Pressures from Expanding Urbanization; Extreme Weather Events; and Accelerating Climate Change Impacts”
- Segment ‘4’: Dr. Conceição Juana Fortes, Head & Principal Researcher, Harbor and Maritime Structure Division, Hydraulics and Environment Department, LNEC, (Portugal National Laboratory for Civil Engineering), (By Skype)*, Theme: “Safety and Monitoring of Maritime Structures in Coastal and Harbour Areas in Times of Rapid Sea Level Rise & Destructive Ocean Currents”
Portugal National Laboratory for Civil Engineering (LNEC) has the mission io undertake, coordinate, and promote scientific research and technological development, aiming for continuous improvement, and the good practice of Civil Engineering. It is also LNEC’s responsibility to pursue the public interest, by providing services of Science and Technology to public and private, national and foreign entities, contributing to innovation, dissemination of knowledge, and technology transfer.
It is also LNEC’s mission to assist the Government in the pursuit of public policies and to provide technical support to the entities which constitute the Authority in the various sectors of Public Administration, in particular with regard to: 1) Quality and safety of work, people, and assets; 2) Protection and requalification of the natural and built heritage; and 3) Modernisation and technological innovation, particularly in the building sector.
Since its early days, LNEC has been establishing networks and partnerships with national and international entities. This has given it the ability to promote and foster the globalization of Science and Knowledge. Such excellence has positioned LNEC as an important partner in its areas of expertise.
Thank You Production Crew and Program Team for your commitment, dedication, and goodwill as we continue to expand our “best practices” solutions identification and reporting in our second decade. We would like to acknowledge that equipment and facilities are provided by Fairfax Public Access, Fairfax, Virginia. We thank our many viewers, supporters, and the general public for weekly feedback, ideas, and suggestions as together we create The EmeraldPlanet….Dr. Sam Hancock, Creator & Host, The EmeraldPlanet TV