Broadcast Completed (8.11.19). Pending YouTube URL Posting by Channel 10 TV
- Guest 1: Lincoln Smith, Founder, Designer, Instructor, Forested
- Guest 2:
|Segment 1||Segment 2|
|Segment 3||Segment 4|
The world-wide EmeraldPlanet International Foundation movement is linking millions of professionals and citizens around the globe through a practical community-by-community identification, evaluation, broadcasting, and promotions weekly television program and selected The Emerald Mini-Treks.
EmeraldPlanet International Foundation has continually expanded its outreach and service to all sectors of countries and local communities. It is actively identifying the “best of the best” technologies, services, products, and processes. This is the “high touch” portions of the EmeraldPlanet global movement featuring the “high technologies” through The Emerald Mini-Treks, while creating The Emerald Mall to match those inventing, creating, experimenting with, and manufacturing needed technologies. with those individuals and communities needing such technologies, services, products, and processes for sustainable, resilient, and adaptive living in closer harmony with natural surroundings..
WELCOME to join in this world-wide movement by watching The EmeraldPlanet TV programs, participating in planning for and joining in various The Emerald Mini-Treks, and linking your “best practices” to those in need on The Emerald Mall. MANY BEST WISHES as together we create The EmeraldPlanet…Dr. Sam Hancock
Our featured guests are:
- Segment ‘1’: Lincoln Smith, Founder, Designer, Instructor, Forested, (In-Studio), Theme: “Forest Gardens: Bringing Urbanites into Nature; Creating New Natural Food Choices; While Improving the Environment through Human Interaction”
- Segment ‘2’: Lincoln Smith, Founder, Designer, Instructor, Forested, (In-Studio), Theme: “Food Forest Parks: Bringing Nature, Food, and Humans Together in Urban America”
- Segment ‘3’: Christine Simpson, Designer, Photographer, CSA Coordinator, Forested, (In-Studio); Theme: “Forest Gardens Restoration Projects: Rejuvenating the Soil; Creating New Food Sources; While Enhancing Biodiversity on Mother Earth”
- Segment ‘4’: Christine Simpson, Designer, Photographer, CSA Coordinator, Forested, (In-Studio), Theme: “Building Garden Communities: Increasing the Health of all Living Creatures Through Volunteerism, Environmental Education, and Renewal of Nature”
Forested has a fifty  year vision is for forest garden ecosystems to sustainably supply a large portion of all food and forest products people need and use for healthy living. The organization has a special focus on the Eastern United States where the Forested research garden is located. It also offers education and services with worldwide application.
Lincoln Smith, Founder, Designer, Instructor, Forested funs a 10-acre experimental forest garden site in Bowie Maryland. He and his team test forest gardening methods, with the goal of producing nutritious food for people and restoring a thriving ecosystem. People visiting Forested can learn about forest gardening by volunteering or taking a permaculture design course. Lincoln designs forest gardens for a variety of clients including homeowners, schools, and public park administrators. He holds forest-to-table events in the garden, featuring forest foods like acorn falafel. He believes human health is closely tied to ecosystem health.
Christine Simpson, Designer, Photographer, and CSA Coordinator of Forested is a creative landscape architect with a curiosity for natural systems and patterns. She specializes in sustainable, functional places and landscapes and is an avid lover of edible plants. Christine has worked in local government for 10 years, designed parks and playgrounds, taught planting design at George Washington University, and currently works in stormwater management. She holds a Bachelor of Science in Horticulture from Virginia Tech, a Master of Landscape Architecture from Cornell University, and a Permaculture Design Certificate from the 2014 CHEARS/Forested course.
Thank You Production Crew and Program Team for your commitment, dedication, and goodwill as we continue to expand our “best practices” solutions identification and reporting in our second decade. We would like to acknowledge that equipment and facilities are provided by Fairfax Public Access, Fairfax, Virginia. We thank our many viewers, supporters, and the general public for weekly feedback, ideas, and suggestions as together we create The EmeraldPlanet….Dr. Sam Hancock, Creator & Host, The EmeraldPlanet TV
THANK YOU AS TOGETHER WE CREATE THE EMERALDPLANET!