- Guest 1: William (Bill) H. Dent, Program Mgr., MSSP
- Guest 2: Molly O. Hoopes, Baltimore Area Coord., MSSP
The world-wide EmeraldPlanet International Foundation® movement is linking millions of professionals and citizens around the globe through a practical community-by-community identification, evaluation, broadcasting, and promotions weekly television program and selected The Emerald Mini-Treks®.
EmeraldPlanet International Foundation® has continually expanded its outreach and service to all sectors of countries and local communities. It is actively identifying the “best of the best” technologies, services, products, and processes. This is the “high touch” portions of the EmeraldPlanet® global movement featuring the “high technologies” through The Emerald Mini-Treks®, while creating The Emerald Mall® to match those inventing, creating, experimenting with, and manufacturing needed technologies. with those individuals and communities needing such technologies, services, products, and processes for sustainable, resilient, and adaptive living in closer harmony with natural surroundings.
WELCOME to join in this world-wide movement by watching The EmeraldPlanet TV® programs, participating in planning for and joining in various The Emerald Mini-Treks®, and linking your “best practices” to those in need on The Emerald Mall®. MANY BEST WISHES as together we create The EmeraldPlanet®…Dr. Sam Hancock
Our featured guests are:
- Show ‘1’: William (Bill) H. Dent, Program Manager, Monarch Sister Schools Program and Executive Director, Natural Partners, Theme: “Background on the Monarch Butterfly – Its Life Cycle, Habitat, and Migration”
- Show ‘2’: Molly O. Hoopes, Baltimore Area Coordinator, Monarch Sister Schools Program and Naturalist, Baltimore City Department of Recreation & Parks, Theme: “Examples of M&M Lesson Plans and How Aligned with STEM and STEAM NGSS Objectives”
- Show ‘3’: William (Bill) H. Dent, Program Manager, Monarch Sister Schools Program and Executive Director, Natural Partners, Theme: “Pollinator Gardens & Waystations: Why; What; How; Were; Types; and Importance”
- Show ‘4’: Molly O. Hoopes, Baltimore Area Coordinator, Monarch Sister Schools Program and Naturalist, Baltimore City Department of Recreation & Parks, Theme: “STEAM – Integrating Art into STEM”
The Monarch Sister Schools Program was created by the educational nonprofit Natural Partners to involve students in a real environmental problem: the ongoing destruction of Monarch butterflies’ habitat in the U.S. and Canada (driven by herbicide use on farms) and of their overwintering habitat in Mexico (due to illegal logging), resulting in a precipitous decline of the Monarchs population. Through hands-on projects, students learn about the habitat, life cycle and the amazing migration of the Monarchs, while collaborating across borders on projects to restore habitat for future Monarch generations.
Baltimore City Recreation and Parks is the city’s leading provider of affordable, year-round leisure and recreational activities for citizens of all ages and abilities. Beautiful parks, trails and waterways provide the perfect urban oasis. Its parks also offer beautiful indoor spaces like the Baltimore Rowing and Water Resource Center, Carrie Murray Nature Center, Cylburn Arboretum and the Howard Peters Rawlings Conservatory and Botanic Gardens of Baltimore. The Mt. Pleasant Ice Arena and Dominic “Mimi” DiPietro Family Skating Center offers citizens a chance to take a spin on the ice. The facilities are all located in or near a park and offer a respite from the fast pace of life! In addition, the City owns a set of kayaks and bicycles for residents’ use. It hosts an annual “Tour dem parks” bike ride, several 5K running races, summer camps, swimming pools, and much more!
Thank You Production Crew and Program Team for your commitment, dedication, and goodwill as we continue to expand our “best practices” solutions identification and reporting in our second decade. We would like to acknowledge that equipment and facilities are provided by Fairfax Public Access, Fairfax, Virginia. We thank our many viewers, supporters, and the general public for weekly feedback, ideas, and suggestions as together we create The EmeraldPlanet®…Dr. Sam Hancock, Executive Producer, Creator & Host, The EmeraldPlanet TV®
THANK YOU AS TOGETHER WE CREATE THE EMERALDPLANET!