The EmeraldPlanet is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization with its headquarters and television production studios in Washington, D.C. USA. Created in 1973 our leadership and experts work with research institutions, businesses, governments, universities, health care providers, clean water advocates, funders, non-government and community based organizations. These efforts are identifying 1,000 "best practices" to arrest, and possibly reverse, the ravages of climate change while promoting the development of alternative energy sources.
The world community is engaged through the Internet and television broadcasts, publishing, education, research, training, idea exchanges, competitions, and advocacy. The EmeraldPlanet (NGO) works in collaboration with the PanAmerican-PanAfrican Association (NGO), a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization, in consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
The EmeraldPlanet's vision:
- Providing tools and an Internet platform for linking sustainable development experts, practitioners, and citizens around the planet to share development ideas, processes, and technologies providing ever better quality-of-life conditions for all people
- Encouraging all citizens to contribute their unique knowledge, understanding, resources, energy, and contacts to reduce, and possibly reverse, the negative affects of global climate change.
The EmeraldPlanet's objectives:
- Linking global citizens concerning the latest activities, projects, and technologies of sustainable development.
- Identifying and sharing 1,000 "best practices" through Your EmeraldPlanet Internet TV and the EmeraldPlanet web site
- Partnering with local and international radio, television, Internet, and print media
- Identifying and interacting with highly respected, seasoned, and credentialed professionals who will actively participate on the "Board of Advisors"
- Expanding contacts with organizations, individuals, and companies developing the latest renewable energy sources
- Highlighting research in wind, solar, wave, hydrogen, biofuels, waste-to-energy, low-head hydro, as well as many other alternative energy sources
- Partnering with eleven search engines to make Emerald-Planet a premier search engine portal
- Encouraging fuel, food, and fiber costs reductions by...
- Increasing attention on new and existing processes, techniques, and technologies producing
- human and animal food,
- alternative fuels,
- natural fibers for clothing
- alternative water sources for food, fuel, and fiber production
- low-cost shelter.
- Emphasizing many related quality-of-life issues including
- Clean, safe, and plentiful drinking water
- Inexpensive waste water treatment;
- Simple, yet effective health care measures;
- K-High school education curricula;
- Practical university research;
- Reducing the use of insecticides, pesticides, and chemical fertilizers.
Recipient Water Environment Federation International 2012 Schlenz Public Education Award
Please donate to help create the EmeraldPlanet; scan our QR code to donate!