- Nikhil Jaisinghani, Co-Founder, Mera Gao Power and Soumitr Solutions
|Segment 1||Segment 2|
|Segment 3||Segment 4
The world-wide EmeraldPlanet International Foundation movement is linking millions of professionals and citizens around the globe through a practical community-by-community identification, evaluation, broadcasting, and promotions weekly television program and selected The Emerald Mini-Treks.
EmeraldPlanet International Foundation has continually expanded its outreach and service to all sectors of countries and local communities. It is actively identifying the “best of the best” technologies, services, products, and processes. This is the “high touch” portions of the EmeraldPlanet global movement featuring the “high technologies” through The Emerald Mini-Treks, while creating The Emerald Mall to match those inventing, creating, experimenting with, and manufacturing needed technologies. with those individuals and communities needing such technologies, services, products, and processes for sustainable, resilient, and adaptive living in closer harmony with natural surroundings..
WELCOME to join in this world-wide movement by watching The EmeraldPlanet TV programs, participating in planning for and joining in various The Emerald Mini-Treks, and linking your “best practices” to those in need on The Emerald Mall. MANY BEST WISHES as together we create The EmeraldPlanet…Dr. Sam Hancock
Our featured guest is:
- Segment ‘1’: Nikhil Jaisinghani, Co-Founder, Mera Gao Power and Soumitr Solutions, (In-Studio);
Theme: “Indian Rural Communities: What Makes These Unique in Opportunities & Challenges for Solar Lighting & Renewable Energy MicroGrids”
- Segment ‘2’: Nikhil Jaisinghani, Co-Founder, Mera Gao Power and Soumitr Solutions, (In-Studio); Theme: “Kerosene: Its Use; Costs; Environmental Impacts; Improvements for Quality of Life Among Rural Communities & Families by its Replacement with Solar Lighting & Renewable Energy Microgrids”
- Segment ‘3’: Nikhil Jaisinghani, Co-Founder, Mera Gao Power and Soumitr Solutions, (In-Studio); Theme: “Solar Lighting: Its Uses; Costs; Environmental Impacts; Improvements for Quality of Life Among Rural Communities & Families by Replacing Kerosene and Other Fossil Fuel Sources”
- Segment ‘4’: Nikhil Jaisinghani, Co-Founder, Mera Gao Power and Soumitr Solutions, (In-Studio); Theme: “Microgrids: What are these? Why now? Impacts on National and Local Economies and Environments? Needed Investments? Future Growth and Impacts?”
Mera Gao Power builds, owns, and operates micro grids in Uttar Pradesh, India serving off-grid villages with high quality, dependable lighting and mobile phone charging services. MGP’s unique model is able to provide service to a typical hamlet for less than US$1,000, making its lowest cost design the first commercially viable micro grid targeted at the rural poor.
Typically, power is delivered through public funding, but in Sub Saharan Africa and India, hundreds of millions of people have been left off-grid by the national grid. Social enterprises have sprung up in both subcontinents, targeting unserved households with commercial electricity service.
However, most such enterprises target the top quintile or two of the off-grid population. MGP, however, was developed a business model which targets the poorest off-grid households and has developed a micro grid technology able to serve populations which earn under US$0.50 per day with meaningful, life-changing power while also delivering commercial returns to financiers.
THANK YOU AS TOGETHER WE CREATE THE EMERALDPLANET!